Antigua is a beautiful Caribbean island with white sandy beaches and stunning clear waters. Once you visit the island, you probably won’t want to leave.
If you are looking to invest in Antigua real estate it’s important to think about what type of property purchasing method is right for you. Are you looking to live on the island or perhaps rent a property so you can keep coming back? To help you make a decision we have come up with a few benefits of buying and renting property in Antigua & Barbuda.
Benefits of buying
Buying your very own property can come with many benefits and choosing to buy property for sale in Antigua will make it even more worthwhile. With the islands easy accessibility from elsewhere in the world and its hot weather, you won't want to live anywhere else.
Some of the other top benefits of buying property in Antigua and Barbuda include:
- In the long run, buying is cheaper than renting.
- You can renovate to increase the property value
- One of the most accessible destinations in the Caribbean with direct international flights to Antigua from Europe, the USA and Canada.
- Strong track record in attracting celebrity investors.
If you are looking to permanently move to Antigua, buying a property is for you! We would recommend applying for a passport through the Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP). This government scheme allows investors along with their families to have the opportunity to apply for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda thereby receiving all the benefits that citizenship confers.
Benefits of renting
If you are looking to move to Antigua short term, then renting is for you. Or if your not ready to move to Antigua but would love to keep visiting the beautiful island then renting may be for you! If you’re looking to rent, check out our latest short term Antigua rentals here> Or our long term Antigua rentals here>
- More freedom - If you rent and there is a problem, it’s your landlord's legal responsibility to fix it. Whereas if you buy a property, the responsibilities are your own.
- In the short term renting can be a lot cheaper, meaning you will have more money to play with.
- Long term rentals can mean that you are able to rent a property for much longer but are not tied down to stay in one location.
So which is better? Buying or renting in Antigua?
It really depends on your personal circumstances. If you are a foreigner looking to live in the Caribbean, Antigua is the perfect place! But if you are looking to extend your holiday check out our properties to rent in Antigua >
We don’t just sell and rent property in Antigua and Barbuda, we live it. With our vast knowledge of this stunning island and expert property knowledge, you won’t find a better luxurious property for sale in Antigua and Barbuda by any other estate agent. Contact us today to see how we can make your property dream come to reality.